Changes to benefit rules for mixed age couples

Hello all, 

From the May 15th 2019  there will be some changes to the benefit rules for mixed aged couples (i.e one member of the couple is of pension credit age and the other member is of working age.) This may mean that such couples may need to claim Universal Credit instead of Pension Credit and Housing Benefit. 

You may have seen our recent press release about this matter:  and we have also produced a poster (in English and Welsh) to encourage clients to make a claim for Pension Credit and Housing benefit asap if they meet the criteria. I have attached the posters should you wish to display or distribute these. 

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jo Higham – Citizen’s Advice Flintshire

Contact number: 01352 706841

Adviceline Cymru: 03444 772020


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to content